Old April 23rd 11, 09:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default So what's going wrong with the Jubilee line?

On 22 Apr 2011 19:18:37 +0100 (BST)
Theo Markettos wrote:
I had a wander down it this afternoon. The concrete beam sides have small
gullies (about 1" across and deep) across the top surface, about 2 or 3 per
beam. There's already what looks like freeze-thaw weathering, to the extent
that pretty much every gully has a crack leading down, that's the height of
the beam side (about 8").

It may be this is a design 'feature', but it doesn't bode well. These beams
were only laid last year. A few look like they've been bodge-patched with
cement.

In other news, the busway has finally been signed off by the contractor.
Only 2.5 years late...
http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Home...er-21042011.ht

Sounds like its turning out to be an entire herd of white elephants. I'm
glad its not me paying council tax up there. I wonder if the law should
get involved at some point over this given how much less re-opening the
railway would have cost and how much more useful it would have been.
Something smells bad to me.

B2003