Old April 23rd 11, 10:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Johnson Peter Johnson is offline

Default Mail Rail exploration

On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 22:51:15 +0100, Arthur Figgis
wrote:

In my experience it was quite easy to visit when it was operational.
The first time I went I rang in the morning and went to Mount Pleasant
in the afternoon. I went to Paddington when it was opened for an
anniversary event, MP was opened on the same occasion. I once went to
an event at the King Edward building, the old GPO HQ, when the guests
had the chance to visit the railway as well. Whilst I was pleased to
visit stations other than Mount Pleasant they all looked the same.

But did you get a ride?

No. So far as I know 'ordinary folks' only got the chance of a ride on
a few occasions since it was closed.