Old April 23rd 11, 06:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default So what's going wrong with the Jubilee line?

In message , at 11:15:07
on Sat, 23 Apr 2011, remarked:

I'm not aware of any estimates that took account of all the issues
that had to be overcome. I doubt they covered the Trumpington
cutting at all, for example. I don't know to what extent the
Castiron estimates included building the P&R sites and other
ancillary stuff.

It was a railway reopening so maybe the park and ride car parks were not
included.

One of the main problems with comparing the estimates is that they are
for different projects. eg Would Castiron have rebuilt the Ouse viaduct,
or didn't they think it was necessary.