Old April 27th 11, 02:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Theo Markettos Theo Markettos is offline

Default So what's going wrong with the Jubilee line?

Roland Perry wrote:
Where was the official end of the line in 2003? The rails were lifted
beyond Fen Drayton, and the St Ives bypass was built on top of the St
Ives station site (apparently in 1980), the bypass uses the old trackbed
towards March.

Fen Drayton I think. The last use for it was sand/gravel extraction at the
Fen Drayton pits, so that's why it was cut back to there. The line was
essentially abandoned since 1992, so I can't see why BRB/Railtrack/NR would
have further shortened it without any particular use in mind. Various
railway sources refer to it as the Chesterton Jct to Fen Drayton branch too.

Apparently Signalling Notice 129 from Nov 1984 refers to the Fen Drayton
branch, so it must have been cut back before then.

Theo