Old April 27th 11, 05:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default So what's going wrong with the Jubilee line?

In message , at 12:10:39
on Wed, 27 Apr 2011, remarked:

About here then:
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/4580596

Oh dear, more track that we should have stopped people ripping up,
so they could run trains on it!

That was a railway under engineers' possession at the time.

I'd love to see them get an engineer's train down there. Were
things like the Milton Rd level crossing in a working enough
condition?

ITYF that's a common problem with railway lines under engineers'
possession, Roland! Presumably some engineers' attention could have
overcome the problems. My children travelled on it despite the fact that
the oldest was born more than 16 years after passenger closure.

Not difficult given that passenger closure was over 40 years ago. They'd
have last been able to travel on it in about 1990 I suppose, which still
gives 17 years for that vegetation to grow.