Old May 3rd 11, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Black cab highway code

On Tue, 3 May 2011 15:10:36 +0100
"GT" wrote:
wrote in message
I'm guessing there isn't one. Or they're exempt. Otherwise how can a black
cab stop halfway across a signalled junction in the middle of the road, on
corner, on double red lines in central london, blocking the traffic behind
pick up a passenger and some plods in a van nearby do absolutely bugger
all?

B2003

Double red lines? What are they?

They mean don't stop no matter what in London or else. Though the "or else"
bit these days seems to mean "unless you really have to" rather than we'll
give you 3 points and tow your car like it should do.

B2003