Old May 3rd 11, 02:43 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london
GT GT is offline

Default Black cab highway code

"Bruce" wrote in message
"GT" wrote:
wrote in message
I'm guessing there isn't one. Or they're exempt. Otherwise how can a
black
cab stop halfway across a signalled junction in the middle of the road,
on
corner, on double red lines in central london, blocking the traffic
behind
pick up a passenger and some plods in a van nearby do absolutely bugger
all?

B2003

Double red lines? What are they?

They signify "No Stopping" on London's designated "Red Routes".

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/fine...ons/10185.aspx

I have read that page, including reference to the PCNs, but are they
actually a recognised, enforcable highway code entity, or just London local
authority doing what it likes?