Old May 4th 11, 03:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Here We Go Again - New Tube Strike Dates Revealed

"Paul" wrote:

Well I [thought] Comrade Crow had been quiet for some time.

Is it not the case that most drivers belong to ASLEF? If this is the
case, how much impact will the strike have, if it goes ahead at all.

Strikorama:

16 to 17 May: 2101 BST - 1159 BST
18 to 19 May: 1200 BST - 1159 BST
20 May: 1200 BST - 2100 BST

13 to 14 June: 2101 BST - 1159 BST
15 to 16 June: 1200 BST - 1159 BST
17 June: 1200 BST - 2100 BST

(best viewed as fixed width text - well, perhaps best not viewed at all!)

So, two rounds of strikes, each starting on a Monday, each 'round' having an
impact across five consecutive (working) days, with the striking hours
pattern being the same for both 'rounds'.

From a 'regular-hours' commuter's point of view the Monday strike should
have the least impact, though I'm not sure when services might start winding
down.

Of course, if the strikes go ahead then LU would do their best to offer what
services they can - past experience suggests that this can be rather
variable (essentially dependent on how many staff turn up, and so it can
change as shifts change).

Seems like a bit of a declaration of war on the RMT's part, it must be said.

Is that clattering and groaning the sound of umpteen bicycles being
retrieved from sheds and basements?