Old May 5th 11, 03:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott[_3_] Paul Scott[_3_] is offline

Default South West Trains diverted at Wimbledon?

"Michael R N Dolbear" wrote in message

Your "in both directions" is most interesting as is peter's "going
north". During my commuting years my train took that route a number of
times (to the considerable surprise of many passengers) but only in the
Down direction..

I thought I remembered discussions here that Up wasn't or couldn't be
used.

There are certainly a majority of down trains, but the following up
direction trains run:

0454 Basingstoke to Waterloo (in service - as John Salmon noted earlier)
0505, 0519, 0534, 1638, ECS from Wimbledon Depot - Waterloo

So there's just that last one that 'normal people' are likely to see...

Paul S