Old February 9th 04, 10:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North CJG  Now Thankfully Living In The North is offline

Default Be Thankful You Live In London

Sunday evennings on the Transpennie services are hell. Everyone is
moving about between the main cities on the Transpennie line
(Liverpool-Middlesborugh (ish)) and the service I get Sunday evennings
is always full. You always have to stand. Anyway being crushed into a
dirty disel train that sways around and crashes you into everyone
around you is not plesant but because you have no choice you get use
to it.
However, this Sunday instead of the usual THREE carriage train. First
Transpennie thought it would be highly amusing now they have got the
contract from Arriva to put on a TWO carriage train on this service.
Oh how we laughed. So instead of the usual uncomfortable crush in the
three carriage train we had a quite frankly if we were cattle the
station would be petrol bombed by animal right activists nose to nose
crush in two carriages.
I did consider writing off to First Transpennie customer realtions who
are based in Plymouth. Yes thats Plymouth as in South West England.
100's of miles from where the trains run in North East England. And
the conductors are too scared to come further than First Class as they
know the abuse they will get.