Old May 10th 11, 09:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
Peter Masson[_2_] Peter Masson[_2_] is offline

Default Croxley Rail Link "Exhibition" dates

"1506" wrote

If I told my neighbrs in Washoe County, Nevada that I grew up in
Buckinghamshire they would not relate that to a county, "Shire" is
obscure in North America. However, if I refered to Buckingham County,
England they would comprehend.

Which is strange, in that the office of sheriff (shire reeve) is far more
familiar in the USA (and in Scotland) than in England.

Peter