Old May 11th 11, 03:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Here We Go Again - New Tube Strike Dates Revealed

In message , at 14:20:24 on
Wed, 11 May 2011, Steve Gardiner remarked:
Not if the safety device which does that stopping has been disabled.

But this is impossible as one part of the device sits on the track and
the other part of the device is on the underside of the train - and
there are many of them so even if one is disabled the others still work.
The driver does not have access to this system.

Yes there are big potential risks on the railway, but this may not have
been one of them. It's unlikely that the driver can do anything that
will lead to an actual collision as far as I know. But again - I do not
know the facts around this particular case, so, unlie others, will not
jump to any conclusions.

You must have missed this posting a couple of days ago:

"Basically, the driver deliberately ran the train with a safety
device (the tripcock) cut out without a second person in the
cab. The tripcock is part of the safety system that stops the
train if it goes past a red signal. A driver must ALWAYS have a
second person in the cab if the Tripcock is defective."

Full report (see para 37 onwards):

http://www.rmtlondoncalling.org.uk/f...9270%20(1).pdf