Old May 11th 11, 05:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Here We Go Again - New Tube Strike Dates Revealed

On 11/05/2011 15:33, d wrote:
On Wed, 11 May 2011 15:20:17 +0100
Roland wrote:
People like you are everything thats wrong with britain today.

Absolutely. If kids want to work as chimney sweeps rather than go to
school, who are we to stop them?

Straw man. Or should that be child?

Any rule that states that no one no matter what shall do anything on the
railway without prior permission even if doing so could prevent a derailment
is a rule that needs to be re-thought. Do you think 50 years ago a station
master would have waited for health and safety clearance before he removed
an obstruction from the line?

How much paperwork is involved in

a) disposing of a bent trolley and maybe jacking a train back onto the
track if needed.

b) scraping up squished/fried people who think the rules can be ignored
just this once, helping the driver and cleaners deal with what happened,
keeping passengers clear of the mess, plus doing it all next time
because a precedent has been set?

When people complain about railway board members getting bonuses in
years when there are accidents, could the board just say "well, the
victims thought it seems a good idea, so it's Not Our Problem"?

(has no-one spotted the report which uses a photo of a 455 yet?)

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK