Old May 12th 11, 08:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Here We Go Again - New Tube Strike Dates Revealed

On Wed, 11 May 2011 16:44:33 +0100
Steve Gardiner wrote:
Walking on the track without prior arrangement is really not acceptable.
the guy should really have known better. At the very least he needs to
go through his training again.

Well it turns out he DID call the signal box before doing it.

If the train was in imminent danger of hitting the trolley - and I can't
see a derailament occuring in this instance especially as trains usually
go pretty slow through stations - then the guy really was putting his

Do they? Perhaps you should stand at finsbury park one day when an
east coast express goes through.

own life at risk.

Thats his lookout.

Once you allow one guy to do this then you know there'll be others and
quickly lose control.

Utter crap.

He should have phoned up and reported the trolley - with instant

He did.

communications these days, and radios in trains the driver could easily
have been alerted, the train diverted or stopped and the power shut off
to allow for the trolley to be removed safely.

They told him it was and he did.

Incidentaly this has now made it to the radio and theres a local petition
to re-instate him.

I'd be interested to know given that the supervisor saw the guy on CCTV
removing the trolley, why the same supervisor didn't spot the trolley earlier
and get it sorted himself. Wouldn't surprise me if he's deflecting attention
from his own incompetence.

The attitude of people on here frankly disgusts me though its par for the
course in Britain today. I wouldn't hire any of you lot to run a bath.

B2003