Old May 12th 11, 10:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Here We Go Again - New Tube Strike Dates Revealed

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 02:48:31PM +0100, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 12:51:20 on Wed, 11 May
2011, d remarked:
What you can't tell from the story is how much of a danger the trolley
was to trains, and what other, safer, action could have been taken,
which would not have infringed the rules.

According to the BBC report, he had the power turned off first. So what
*could* he have done differently? Had the trains stopped for several
hours because he thought there was a dangerous obstruction until someone
trained in the highly skilled art of moving trolleys was called?

I note you've ignored the possibility of other ways to prevent an
accident.

OK, so he thinks there's a dangerous obstruction. Therefore he *must*
report it and *must* have the trains stopped until it's removed or
someone has verified that it is not dangerous. Did I miss anything?

Well, that's exactly what he seems to have done.

The only criticism I can think of is that maybe he didn't change into
some boots with decent ankle support and so he might have fallen and
twisted his ankle painfully on the ballast.

--
David Cantrell | Official London Perl Mongers Bad Influence

Planckton: n, the smallest possible living thing