Old May 13th 11, 01:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Dodgy gates at finsbury park

wrote:

On Fri, 13 May 2011 12:49:37 +0100
"Mizter T" wrote:
More the latter I'd suggest (albeit without the two fingers) - it sounds
like what passengers have to do (as per the system design) is touch-in
again

Yes, I suppose that could be the case. No doubt even then however she'd
have ended up paying more than for just a straightforward through journey.

I disagree - the system doesn't operate randomly. However please do note
that I'm not criticising her or anyone else who might get caught up in
this - instead what I was trying to do was explore the issues at a station
such as Finsbury Park where there's an 'in-station OSI', and the problems it
can - and seemingly already is - throwing up. Having to touch-in on a
standalone validator en-route to the Tube, or indeed touch-out on one
leaving the Tube en-route to the mainline platforms is something that a
great many pax will see as counter-intuitive - either there needs to be very
clear instructions given (though even that would be difficult at FP), or
else perhaps the gates need to be configured in 'interchange mode' (as was
the case with the old Stratford JLE gates), though that in turn presents
other issues.

Ideally however the whole station complex should be gated (though that in
turn would mean that people couldn't walk through the tube station tunnels
between the different bus plazas - though technically speaking said tunnels
are possibly already in the fare-paid area, i.e. for ticket holders only, I
dunno).