Old May 13th 11, 02:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Dodgy gates at finsbury park

wrote:

On Fri, 13 May 2011 14:47:43 +0100
"Mizter T" wrote:
Yes, I suppose that could be the case. No doubt even then however she'd
have ended up paying more than for just a straightforward through
journey.

I disagree - the system doesn't operate randomly. However please do note
that I'm not criticising her or anyone else who might get caught up in

I'm not saying it operates randomly , but what she would be doing is
effectively finishing one journey and then starting a new one at the same
station which always costs more than a through journey. Anyone who doesn't
believe me is welcome to try it!

No - it would be charged as one through journey - because it's configured as
an OSI, and that's what happens at OSIs - 'closed' journeys are re-opened
when touching in at the second station/gateline, or in this case on the
standalone validators en-route to the Tube platforms. (Am prob up that way
shortly, if so I'll try it out in practice.)