Old May 13th 11, 02:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Dodgy gates at finsbury park

wrote:

On Fri, 13 May 2011 15:12:42 +0100
"Mizter T" wrote:
No - it would be charged as one through journey - because it's configured
as
an OSI, and that's what happens at OSIs - 'closed' journeys are re-opened
when touching in at the second station/gateline, or in this case on the
standalone validators en-route to the Tube platforms. (Am prob up that way
shortly, if so I'll try it out in practice.)

But what happens if someone touches out on the platform and then just
leaves
the station?

Their journey is finished - the card is in a state whereby the journey is
regarded as being resolved, but it can be re-comenced if touched-in at 'the
other' station or stations (so long as that happens within a certain time
period) - this would not be the case if one exited from a station/gateline
without an OSI.

Anyway , if you do do that journey post the result here because I'm sure
my
wife would be interested to know as she does that trip quite often and
she's not a fan of the northern line.

Think it may have lost its crown of the 'misery line' to the Jubilee these
days but must say that I do still boggle a little when travelling on it
during the high-peak.