Old May 14th 11, 02:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jack[_3_] Jack[_3_] is offline

Default Article on National Railcard and Oyster link for travel discount-THOUGHTS PLEASE!!

On May 14, 11:32*am, "
wrote:
On May 13, 3:55*pm, hayley.moorey hayley.moorey.

wrote:
Dear all,

My name is Hayley and I am researching for a programme for Radio 4- You
and Yours- about the availability from January 2011 of being able to
register your National Railcard on your Oyster card to get a reduced
rate for your single off-peak travel no matter how you travel (National
Rail, Underground, DLR etc).

I am looking to get a few comments from anyone who has used this new
National Rail scheme? Anyone who wants to share their good or bad
experiences using this new scheme would be very much appreciated.

Also, what are your thoughts on the way this new scheme was publicised?
Do you think it was publicised enough? Do people know enough about it?
Some people I have spoken to did not realise at first that they had to
carry their railcard around with them once they had it linked to the
oyster? Has this happened to you? Has putting both National Rail cards
and Oysters together made travelling too complicated? Maybe national
rail should offer one card once you have linked your railcard to your
oyster?

Have any of you had trouble actually getting your railcard linked to
your oyster? Maybe you live very far away from your station? Or your
station does not offer that service? Or the staff at your station do not
know about the scheme?

Any thoughts on any of these questions would be great!

If you would like to reply you could also email me at:
.

Thanks for your help. *

Hayley Moorey

--
hayley.moorey

Even TFL ticket offices do not know if the Morning peak for these ends
at 09.30.or 10.00 and I cannot find any on line info if this is for
all trips or Nat Rail only or none- Hide quoted text -

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14416.aspx

The National Railcard (or Gold Card) discount gives up to a third off
Off-Peak Oyster single fares
Peak single fares apply between 06:30 and 09:30,Mon - Fri (excluding
public holidays). Peak single fares also apply between 16:00 and
19:00 Mon-Fri (exlcluding public holidays), except for journeys using
TfL (Tube, DLR, London Overground), starting outside Zone 1 and ending
inside Zone 1
Off-Peak Oyster single fares apply at all other times

The Railcard / Gold Card also reduces the Off-Peak Daily Price Cap by
1/3
The Off-Peak cap applies between 09:30 and 04:30 the following day Mon-
Fri, and at any time on bank holidays and weekends