Old May 15th 11, 09:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Dodgy gates at finsbury park

On 13/05/2011 19:08, Paul Terry wrote:
In message , d writes

I don't understand why the trains run so slowly. 20mph seems to be the
max in town.

Faster speeds require a greater distance between trains, so if they ran
faster there would be no improvement in frequency (which tends to be the
thing that matters for most people).

Once the line is signalled for full ATO, speeds will improve (but even
20mph is twice the average car speed in central London).

I thought that they were closer to 35 miles. I know that the Northern
Line is 35 miles in central London.