Old May 15th 11, 01:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Graham Harrison[_2_] Graham Harrison[_2_] is offline

Default e-mail from TfL

This popped into my inbox last week:

quote

Dear Mr Harrison,

Transport for London is committed to keeping your personal information safe
and secure.

To enhance security it is important that you keep your login details secret
and take reasonable precautions to keep them safe by not writing your login
details down or disclosing them to others.

In addition, you should not enter details relating to accounts you hold with
TfL onto any websites other than pages that are part of tfl.gov.uk.

For more information please visit tfl.gov.uk/privacy

Yours sincerely,

Vernon Everitt
Managing Director, Marketing and Communications

unquote

Some years ago I acquired an Oyster and tried, unsuccessfully, to register
it. Since I visit London infrequently I simply add a few pounds when I
need to but usually find Travelcards the way to go so I didn't worry that my
Oyster remains unregistered. But it looks as if something took and they
have my name somewhere.

I have to say I find an unsolicited e-mail like this a tad interesting, even
worrying. Did anyone else get it? Does anyone know if this is just a
bright idea from someone or have they had a problem somewhere and doing a
bit of CYA?