Old May 15th 11, 03:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
D A Stocks[_2_] D A Stocks[_2_] is offline

Default The PAYG Oystercard rip off

"solar penguin" wrote in message

But compare that with how easy it is to fall across problems with
Oyster PAYG. It's unlikely you could use it for even a few trips
without coming across some sort of problem. That's the difference.

There are certasinly things I don't like about Oyster, particularly the need
to *not* touch accidentally on NR pads when I'm using a combination of paper
NR tickets and Oyster. However, over the last few years of PAYG usage the
only problems I've encountered have worked in my favour - usually pads on
buses not working resulting in a free journey. OTOH an NR gate at Victoria
swallowed my paper ODTC as I was exiting the other day, and I was half way
across the concourse before I realised what had happened and it was too late
to do anything about it. This cost me about £18 in single fares to continue
my journeys that day for the loss of a ticket that had only cost about £12
in the first place.

--
DAS