Old May 15th 11, 05:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Article on National Railcard and Oyster link for travel discount-THOUGHTS PLEASE!!

On 13/05/2011 15:55, hayley.moorey wrote:

Have any of you had trouble actually getting your railcard linked to
your oyster? Maybe you live very far away from your station? Or your
station does not offer that service? Or the staff at your station do not
know about the scheme?

Not a national railcard as such, but I had some trouble getting my Gold
Card (for a point to point National Rail journey, not a Travelcard)
recorded on Oyster; National Rail stations said it could be done, but
only at Underground stations - and there aren't any round here.

At Kings Cross LU the ticket clerk said you had to have a 1-6 annual
Travelcard to get the Gold Card discount on Oyster, then he realised
that this wouldn't make much sense, tried it, and it worked. Carrying
the paper Gold Card as well as Oyster isn't a problem, as they live in
the same wallet.

As for publicity, I'm not sure I've seen any beyond anoraky discussions
of it.
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK