Old May 16th 11, 11:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default The PAYG Oystercard rip off

In article
,
(George) wrote:

It's happened to me so many times (on trains and tube) that I now only
use PAYG Oyster for bus and tram travel (where a simple flat fare is
deducted), for rail travel I use paper tickets, normally a ODTC. I
also know many other people who've been similarly overcharged as well,
indeed there was an article about it in the Evening Standard
recently.

The trouble for some of us is that ODTCs from Cambridge would usually cost
me more than Oyster.

--
Colin Rosenstiel