Old May 16th 11, 07:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Scott Scott is offline

Default e-mail from TfL

On Mon, 16 May 2011 10:43:32 -0700 (PDT), martin
wrote:

On May 15, 2:40*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
"Graham Harrison" wrote in message

I have to say I find an unsolicited e-mail like this a tad interesting,
even worrying. * Did anyone else get it? * Does anyone know if this is
just a bright idea from someone or have they had a problem somewhere and
doing a bit of CYA?

I think it might be a warning shot about sites like this:

http://www.chromaroma.com/

That use your Oyster login...

Paul S

My girlfriend received one such email (a few weeks after I did,
curiously). She asked why she might have got it, I suggested it might
have been warning against Chromaroma - which she hadn't heard about,
liked the sound of and immediately went to register for...

Had your girlfriend registered her Oyster card with TfL and provided
an e-mail address? Remember the original question was how did TfL
manage to send an e-mail to OP when his card was not registered.