Old February 9th 04, 07:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Fatality at Balham?

On 9 Feb 2004 11:18:27 -0800 someone who may be
(Ian Johnston) wrote this:-

The steel wheels on steel rails do not really pick up evidence and
distribute it further down the track. If necessary fit some sheets
of plastic under the rails and let the trains pass. Easy peasy, even
with conductor rails.

With all due respect, that's just plain silly.

You fail to explain why?

Are you seriously
suggesting that trains could run through a murder investigation scene,
at speed

Possible murder scene.

I didn't mention the trains running at speed. Doing so would rip the
plastic.

without hindering the investigation in any way?

I don't think it would hinder the investigation in any way.

When the police have extracted themselves from the chip shop and are
ready to make a start then they could be allowed to do their work,
outside the peak periods.

prevents me using the RIP Act 2000.