Old May 29th 11, 09:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Calculating fares from boundary of one zone to another

On May 29, 9:41*am, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 09:16:21 on Sun, 29 May
2011, Ian F. remarked:

Is there an easy way to do this? I can't find anything on line to help
to work out what the balance would be from, say, boundary zone 3 into
zone 4. Unless I'm missing something which is quite feasible at my time
of life.

My table below may help: eg BZ3 to Southall is "0042 to Southall" at
£1.70 SDS in NFM05

http://www.perry.co.uk/avantix_for_dummies.html

NB. Some routes don't have fares in NFM for this sort of ticket, GWML is
better than MML for example.

I *think* the OP was talking about Oyster - but since you mention
Boundary Zone (paper ticket) fares, given that all rail fares in
London are calculated on a zonal basis these days (albeit issued as
point-to-point tickets), then BZ fares should all be the same as each
other regardless of the route - e.g. BZ3 to Southall, Norwood
Junction, Barking and Mill Hill Broadway (all stations in zone 4)
should all be the same.

(N.B. for the benefit of the OP - Boundary Zone fares only apply to
National Rail journeys, they're not available on the Tube - to extend
a Tube journey when using a paper ticket, one needs to buy a different
type of ticket extension before travelling.)