Old May 30th 11, 08:28 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Class 378 Capitalstars, two years later

On 30/05/2011 03:21, TheOneKEA wrote:
Now that the Class 378s have fully displaced the 313s and 508s on the
Overground, been mostly lengthened to 4 cars and have been running for
nearly two years, have they produced the expected increases in
patronage, ridership numbers and revenue? I am especially interested
to know if the horrific ridership conditions on the core NLL section
between Willesden and Stratford have been eliminated or mitigated by
all of the new standing room space on the 378s, given the initial
complaints about the lack of seats. I'm also interested to know how
greatly the Southern and Southeastern services in and out of London
Bridge have been affected by the ELL services from Croydon, Crystal
Palace and New Cross, and if the WLL continues to increase in usage
thanks to the new Westfield development. Have the 378s been a total
success, or just successful?

Define total success?

You are talking about a dynamic situation so what is successful today
may not be quite so tomorrow, and vice versa.

As to your first question why don't you do some original research and
make a few trips along the relevant sections of line at the approprotae
times of day and report back your findings.

--
Graeme Wall
Railway Miscellany at www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail