Old May 31st 11, 11:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Class 378 Capitalstars, two years later

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 04:22:34AM -0700, TheOneKEA wrote:

I did so in 2010 during the off-peaks, and my findings at the time
were that the NLL had substantially more through traffic, much larger
usage on the core section east of Willesden and west of Stratford and
had several stations (such as the stations in Hackney) that were very
crowded. Compared to my trips on the line in 2006 it was a massive
improvement.

I'm not sure that crowding is a *good* thing.

Incidentally, the more frequent service between Clapham Junction and
Shepherds Bush hasn't noticeably alleviated the overcrowding that I
experience in the evening peak, as I predicted. People still get left
behind at Olympia, West Brompton and Imperial Wharf because there's no
room on the trains.

Outside the peaks, the trains are half-empty, as before.

While researching this email, I was forced to carry out some
investigative work which unfortunately involved a bucket of
puppies and a belt sander
-- after JoeB, in the Monastery