Old May 31st 11, 12:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default South Tottenham and GOBLIN electrification

wrote in message

In article ,
() wrote:

On 30/05/2011 03:24, TheOneKEA wrote:
I have read in these newsgroups that the only two things holding up
the electrification of the GOBLIN and the implementation of 378s on
this route are the short platforms at South Tottenham station
(necessitated by the junctions at either end) and the inability to
find funding for the electrification. Are both of these problems
still without solutions, or are there solutions available awaiting
the necessary funding (which won't arrive until 2016 at the earliest
IMHO)?

Also, are the 172s any good? I've not sampled them yet so I'm
interested to know if the GOBLIN has had a mini-sparks effect thanks
to the newer trains.

I didn't think that there were plans to electrify the GOBLin,
especially considering that they relatively recently received new
rolling stock.

If they do electrify, then will it be overhead or 3rd rail? Will
they also use 378s? Are there enough available for such a service?

There are reasons to electrify GOBLIN for cross-London freight
traffic as well as passengers. The 172 would go elsewhere on NR where
they would be most welcome.

Aren't they already earmarked for Chiltern?