Old May 31st 11, 08:24 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Jonathan Morton[_2_] Jonathan Morton[_2_] is offline

Default South Tottenham and GOBLIN electrification

"Peter Masson" wrote in message
news

wrote

Are there any plans to re-extend Metropolitan service between Amersham
and Aylesbury?

Very unlikely. There have been two occasions when something of the sort
has been considered. In the early 1980s there was serious consideration of
closing Marylebone, transferring the Joint Line service to Paddington, and
making Aylesbury passengers change at Amersham to a Met train. AIUI a
major reason why this was rejected was that the Met couldn't cope with all
the passengers who used Met line trains into Marylebone.

Later, the first iteration of Crossrail involved a spur to take trains on
to the M&SWJ north of Acton Wells...

Midland and South Western Junction was nowhere near there :-)

The bit north of Acton Wells was Midland only.

I must confess I had to look up the North and South Western Junction Joint -
it seems to have been the usual "let's get past the Great Western" effort
(Midland, LNW and North London).

Regards

Jonathan