Old June 1st 11, 12:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default South Tottenham and GOBLIN electrification

On May 30, 10:27*am, Paul Corfield wrote:

other than the link from Hornsey
down to the MML as part of the Thameslink programme. This assumes the
depot is still going to be at Hornsey after all of the NIMBY attacks.

I went to a NR TLP technical presentation a coupe of weeks ago -
depot strategy** was mentioned as being altered but only indirectly
hinted at it being more logical to have the major depot south of the
Thames.

The MML Hornsey link was not mentioned, it never occurred to me to ask
about it, it was not mentioned in the presentation at all, but the
link is a minor works job compared to the rest of the grand scheme so
not an indication things have changed.

IIRC way back when Siemens were bidding for Gatwick Express stock(i.e.
the 460s) they wanted their depot at Three Bridges. Now there is more
under utilised rail land at 3B than there was then it would not
surprise me if Siemens have a Thameslink Northam type plan in their
bid. None of where the major depot is has much bearing on overnight
stock berthing as just like SWT a relatively small proportion of
444/450 berth at Northam for traffic purposes, the bulk of the traffic
fleet is a ''traditional'' SWD locations. TLP will be the same.

--
Nick