Old June 1st 11, 09:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather[_2_] Clive D. W. Feather[_2_] is offline

Default Southern 90% ticket sale (Advance tix only) on Thur 26 May, for one day only.

In message , D A Stocks
wrote:
It's more likely to be dictated by the likely market for ISP services
in the area(s) served by the local 'exchange' i.e. the point where your
'phone line connects to the rest of the network, since that is also the
interconnection point for your ISP. I expect the population density and
demographics mean that central Brighton & Hove gets a *lot* more
hardware for broadband services than you would find in most of the rest
of Sussex.

Clive Feather has a handy guide to this on his website:

http://www.davros.org/phones/btnetwork.html

Tat's at least 10 years old, though as far as I know the DSL basics are
still correct.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Mobile: +44 7973 377646 | Web: http://www.davros.org