Old June 3rd 11, 06:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Boris Bikes - slow terminals

On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 00:27:17 +0100, "Mizter T"
wrote:
That doesn't explain those times when after presenting the key fob

you get
an extended period of flashing yellow followed by a red, rather

than a
green

I seem to get red quite often the first time I enter the code when
using casual hire. Actually, there's another point - the code pads
are conductive touch pads but don't feel like - so I bet they get
damaged.

This would be solved by changing it so you get feedback (flashing
yellow perhaps) each time you touch one.

Other observation - if paper runs out you can't hire - why not offer
a code on screen when this happens? Also, if a receipt can't be
issued, there should be a warning up front.

Neil

--
Neil Williams, Milton Keynes, UK