Old June 4th 11, 01:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
jon b jon b is offline

Default Boris Bikes - slow terminals

On Jun 2, 11:06*pm, Neil Williams wrote:
Been using Boris bikes the past few days, and the terminals are
extremely slow, often timing out multiple times before I manage to
extract a bike.

Is there any plan to address this? *I have sent for a key fob which
should sort it for me, but the casual hire IT infrastructure seems
below par.

Neil

--
Neil Williams, Milton Keynes, UK

From my recent experience this is quite common, especially mid-
evening. Two incidents recently where the terminals timed out while
trying to contact my card issuer - on both occasions the second try
worked. However, on checking bank statements, the access fee was
taken twice on both occasions. Check your bank statements carefully!
The money was eventually refunded after a call to the customer service
centre but it took persistence. I wonder how much money Serco are
making from these incidents as people decide a quid is too much to
argue about...