Old June 7th 11, 12:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim.... tim.... is offline

Default Olympic impact on commuters and deliveries - serious worries

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 18:12:52 on Mon, 6 Jun
2011, tim.... remarked:
I hope it's more than just one extra train!

It will probably be one per "end of line". Is that what you meant?

No, I don't think one train, late enough for the stragglers, will be good
enough for the majority of midnight travellers.

I think that's all most routes are going to get :-(

The timetable has apparently been "released" but is not public. When we
can see it, then these questions will be answered.

For one thing, as in my examples up thread, they need to be taking
people
further from London than is traditional on a train starting at 9pm+ (I
recall when the last train home to Westbury from Paddington was a
party-pooping 8.30pm,

It still is.

Westbury is a poor example. It's a tiny place that just happens to have a
main line next to it. There are bigger places in the area that get no
trains at all!

And which therefore use Westbury as a railhead. (I used to drive there
from Frome, for example).

And can equally use Bath as a railhead

Places West of Westbury are served by later trains running via Bristol

The 20.35 is listed as the last train to Plymouth, the last to Taunton and
Exeter is 21.45 (I'm ignoring the sleeper).

Why? What wrong with the sleeper?

tim