Old June 7th 11, 08:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott[_3_] Paul Scott[_3_] is offline

Default Farringdon - new overall roof

Noticed the first sections of the new north end overall station roof the
other day, I'd heard there was something going on but hadn't seen any
details. Does anyone else think it odd that given the narrow platforms,
they've ended up with those fairly massive support tubes along the back of
the platforms?

I guess it was the only real option given the office building's proximity on
the Thameslink side, and possibly they wanted to match it up on the LU side?
Good colour choice anyway...

What I did hear a while ago is that the original roof over the south end of
the Thameslink platforms is to be restored, so it should all look quite good
when it's finished. Shame about the 'style' of the new footbridge and all
the different access steps between the two sides of the island platform
though.

Paul S