Old June 8th 11, 11:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Graham. Graham. is offline

Default Tox to be boxed

I don't so much mind graffiti on boring, bare, functional concrete
walls where it's artistic (e.g. Banksy) - you see a lot of this in
Germany and it isn't really a problem. But tagging is like carving
your name into a tree with a penknife - it's vandalism. It's also far
worse where it is applied such that it will cause issues, e.g. across
the windows on rolling stock.

Neil

There are some tree carvings with dates in the late 50s near here in Heaton Park.
Love tokens from lads off to do National Service? I don't know, but that's how I
see them, not really vandalism, quite romantic

Odd, that if I saw a youth defacing a tree today my feelings would be very different

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%