Old June 9th 11, 12:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster query - how could this have happened

I used my Oyster card (with Senior Railcard registered) to get from
Waterloo to Putney on SWT last night, arriving at 22:44. I am sure I
touched in (to open the barrier at Waterloo) and out at Putney where the
barriers were open and no staff were to be seen other than cleaners.

The touch out showed £1.90 and (£0.00). My starting balance was £1.90. At
first I thought this meant I have been charged too much and the new card
balance was zero.

I went past East Putney this morning and checked on the big ticket machine
there. It showed my balance was still £1.90 and showed the journey history
correctly but with a fare of "£0.00".

How did that happen?

--
Colin Rosenstiel