Old June 15th 11, 09:02 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Bombardier has the [signalling] contract for SSR

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 08:16:36 +0100
puffernutter wrote:
It is a moving block system, so it should do. I haven't seen the
requirements specification, so I have no idea what Bombardier have
committed to on trains per hour on each line.

In the rush hour the main issue on most lines seems to be long dwell times at
platforms in the centre of town causing trains to back up. Unless there
are enough trains to hoover up enough people to prevent the usual scrum to
get on and off then I suspect all moving block will do is cause even more
trains to sit in tunnels going nowhere.

B2003