Old June 15th 11, 12:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Bob Bob is offline

Default DLR Canning Town Stratford International - still not opened ...

On Jun 15, 12:41*pm, eastender wrote:
In article
,

*bob wrote:
To my mind, the most useful feature of this new line will be to allow
me to get from north of London to City Airport (eg Cambridge - King's
Cross - St Pancras - Stratford Intl - Canning Town - LCY).

Another option is Finsbury Park Highbury Shadwell LCY.

In the general case of approaching from the north, that's certainly an
option, in the particular case of Cambridge, the service to Finsbury
Park isn't great (there are twice hourly non-stop trains to the Cross
that don't call at FP, one semi that calls at FP in a useful time, and
one stopper that's no good to man nor beast). There is also the very
occasional Cambridge to Stratford train on the Liverpool Street route,
but I've never figured whether it's actually useful for this
particular journey. The last couple of times I made the journey it
wasn't running for various reasons.

Robin