Old June 15th 11, 12:48 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Elderly lady has suspected stroke and is locked in a store room by Station Manager

Ignoring the misposted bits at the end (sorry about that).

Yes I have made a formal complaint to TfL; also I've written to the
Evening Standard - as I said God help us if there is a real emergency
- certainly the staff at Paddington are simply not prepared nor
apparently trained for medical emergencies; and I've emailed the
Stroke Association.

It may also be worth sending a letter to the London Ambulance service,
stating your concerns and requesting that if they agree with them they
should contact TfL themselves. (Obviously they can't disclose to you
the outcome, but they can check with their paramedic whether he agrees
with your assessment)

Well done to the OP for doing something re this casualty, and I'd do
just the same thing in similar circumstances. I cannot think anyone
would criticise anyone for doing the same.

It would be a good idea to take this further and try to get the
ambulance service to talk to the railway re training their staff 'else
another day and same circumstances;(..

Why didn't the station staff just call an ambulance anyway?, after all
there're the ones to handle this and its puts the station management and
staff in the clear anyway?..

How very odd;?...

--
Tony Sayer