Old June 16th 11, 08:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Bombardier has the [signalling] contract for SSR

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 18:14:52 -0500
wrote:
The piccadilly line tried to increase the number of trains a few years
ago and it was an unmitigated disaster. Trains taking 30 mins to go from
finsbury to arnos grove (personal experience). It took about a year for
the arrogant ****s to realise their mistake so I won't hold my breath
for moving block to improve things significantly. All it needs is one
train to take longer than it should at a station and the knock on
effect will kick off.

Does the Piccadilly have moving block signalling? I don't think so.

I think you're missing the point - a stopped train is a stopped train. It
doesn't matter what form of signalling you have , if its stopped for long
enough it will cause the trains behind to get stuck. And since the
genuises running the picc also decided that it would be a good idea to
reverse 50% of the trains at arnos grove - which usually takes a good 5
minutes due to lazy staff - the whole thing ground to a halt. Moving
block signalling would have made no difference.

B2003