Old June 19th 11, 01:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
eastender[_4_] eastender[_4_] is offline

Default Failed Oyster auto top-up - why?

In article 01cc2e75$ebaf7e60$d3cd403e@default,
"Michael R N Dolbear" wrote:

I think it has been mentioned here that most things that happen on
buses are done as a batch when the bus returnes to its garage.

Thus this may have been the first time auto top-up was done via the bus
or via this garage ?

It's the first time I've been on that bus certainly. The message from
TFL starts:

"The pay as you go balance on Oyster card number xxxxxxxx was topped up
with £40.00 on bus route W15 on 17/06/2011.

We are writing to let you know that we were unable to charge your credit
or debit card ending in XXXXXXXXXXXXxxxx for this amount.

You need to pay the outstanding balance now against top-up number
xxxxxxxxxx.