Old June 19th 11, 07:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Failed Oyster auto top-up - why?

In message of Sun,
19 Jun 2011 14:08:36 in uk.transport.london, eastender
writes

[snip]

It's the first time I've been on that bus certainly. The message from
TFL starts:

"The pay as you go balance on Oyster card number xxxxxxxx was topped up
with £40.00 on bus route W15 on 17/06/2011.

We are writing to let you know that we were unable to charge your credit
or debit card ending in XXXXXXXXXXXXxxxx for this amount.

I had a similar failure at London Bridge LU station on 13 June.
It was not helpful that my email was down for a couple of weeks until
Friday. Fortunately, I had logged on to Oyster in the meantime to chase
an overcharge for a circular journey. The system wasted no time in
advising me of the problem, which I corrected with the card used for the
failed transaction.

That's two card failures. Can anybody report a third? I begin to suspect
system failure.
--
Walter Briscoe