Old June 20th 11, 05:35 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oyster - a £60 million a year rip-off

[snip - tale of woe]

A better idea would be a web form with which to make a claim for an
over-payment (the justification for which should be immediately obvious
from their logs of what happened), using the helpline is a compete pain
- last time it took half an hour to get me sorted out.

And also a means to at the very least add your refund to a pot to be
collected next time you do a top-up. Having to visit a specific station
within a week has tripped me up several times now.