Old June 21st 11, 07:00 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Oyster - a £60 million a year rip-off

On Jun 20, 7:16*pm, CJB wrote:

I recently paid £1.90 to ride an escalator. Up and down, mind you, so
that's only 95p a go. A few weeks later, I forked out £4.30 just to be
allowed down some stairs.

I was charged a fare in Singapore because I entered the barrier line,
found the bogs were outside it, left, went to the bog, went back in
and travelled.

FWIW, I think it should be free to enter and leave the same station
within a time too short to have travelled, say 10 mins.

Neil