Old June 23rd 11, 10:58 AM
Steve-o Steve-o is offline
Junior Member

Default Commute from Chesham to S. Bush via A40 - bad idea?

Dear all

New member here hoping to get a little bit of advice/help. I apologise if this has been covered before but I did try to search for similar subjects to no avail.

My partner and I are hoping to move out to Chesham and wondered about the commute into Shepherd's Bush along the A40. Ideally she would leave Chesham at around 06:00 in the morning to arrive at work no later than 07:30 (but would hope to get in around 07:00). Does anyone have any experience of this route at that time? We have heard horror stories from friends, family, colleagues (the whole gamut!). We have completed the Shepherd's Bush to Chesham journey a few times (on a Sunday [45mins], on a Tuesday at 17:10 getting on the A40 at Westfield and leaving the M40 at Junction 2 [1hr 5mins]) and from Chesham to S. Bush at 18:20 on the same Tuesday [50 mins].

We haven't undertaken the route in the mornings yet. I intend to drive it tomorrow morning but Friday traffic generally seems lighter so may not give us a "typical" journey time.

If anyone has experiences of the journey or parts of the journey at the time specified your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve