Old June 23rd 11, 05:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin[_3_] Robin[_3_] is offline

Default Oyster incomplete journeys research published

1) South Sweden - The system assumes the minimum journey length
unless the user manually sets a longer journey at the start. If
starting on a bus then you have to tell the driver to do this, but if
starting on a train you do this at the automatic machines. You are
now on trust not to go outside the selected zones upon pain of fine
if caught (just like LT really). This is definitely the same basic
technology as London.
2) Helsinki - The same except that as there are only three zones the
user can also select outer zones at the machine. This is a proximity
card, but I don't know who supplies it.

Thank you.

These systems all seem to involve no "touch out" at all. So I would
predict a massive increase in fare evasion if introduced here.
Londoners are not Scandinavians. (And I still remember well what it
used to be like on the NLL before it became gated. On the rare mornings
they were checking for tickets roughly 1 in 5 turned round and walked
away.)

--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com