Old June 24th 11, 07:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default Kia Ora!

"tim...." wrote:
"Offramp" wrote in message
There was a thread some time ago about London stations that have a
commercial connection. (Can someone please provide a link to that
thread as I cannot find it?)
The rumour now is that Oval station is to be renamed Kia Oval so as to
be consonant with the cricket ground. That sounds like a good idea to
me.

I though that it had been the "Brit" Oval for the past 10 years.

As a cricket fan, I still haven't the faintest idea what a "Brit" product
is, so it hasn't worked very well.

I'm not a cricket fan, and I didn't realise what "Brit" referred to.

A little searching reveals that, pre-Kia, the Oval was called the
"Brit Insurance Oval", taking its name from Brit Insurance which,
perhaps not surprisingly, is an insurance company based in the UK.

http://www.britinsurance.com/